I don’t really know how this happened. I never thought my 7 year anniversary would come. I’ll be honest, I figured I would blog for a few months and then give it up just like everything else I had tried as a hobby. I tried sports, dance, crafts, scrapbooking, and so on and so forth, and nothing ever stuck. Who knew that blogging would be the thing that never lost it’s appeal to me?
I figured for this pretty epic blogoversary, I’d look back at my blog and see what all I’ve accomplished. I don’t know about you guys but my blog is a huge thing for me. I’m extremely proud of what I’ve done here and I’m not afraid to admit that.
- I’ve attended BEA four times and I’ll be attending for my fifth time this May.
- I’ve attended both ALA Midwinter and ALA Annual. I think this summer will be my fifth time for ALA as well.
- I’ve met some of my favorite authors such as Veronica Roth, Victoria Schwab, Alexandra Bracken, Sarah J. Maas, Marissa Meyer, and Leigh Bardugo.
- I’ve met some amazing fellow readers/bloggers. I can’t even begin to name them off but y’all would love them all!
- I’ve posted 2,248 posts.
- I’ve received 22,576 comments.
- I would love to tell you how many page views my blog has had over the years but I switched to WordPress and can’t even remember how many I had before that but I know it’s over a million!
- I’ve been part of promotions for Divergent, The Hunger Games, and many other exciting books.
- I’ve toured multiple publishing houses.
I could go on and on about the things that have happened to me all because of my blog. I never thought that my blog would come to mean so much to me or open up so many doors for me. I’m pretty excited to see where things lead from here on out and these are only a few things I have planned for this year.
- I’m opening up advertising options to see if I can make this more of a career.
- I’m heading to Chicago for BEA and planning to hang out with some amazing book lovers. (And also eat pizza.)
- I’m attempting to use Instagram to reach a new audience of readers.
- I’m incorporating some new posts to shed some light on other details of my life.
- I’m branching out and using skills I’ve made online to make some new friends in real life.
I have no idea what this year will bring me but I know it’s going to be epic. I want to thank everyone who has found this blog and kept me company on this crazy journey. I can’t wait to see what’s next!