Once again, I find myself scratching my head and wondering where the time went. I’m not sure what happened to the month of June but it’s gone and I feel like I accomplished very little.
in real life
I’m not gonna lie, I don’t do a whole lot ‘in real life’ these days. We moved to Missouri at the beginning of this year and COVID is still very rampant here. While I’m fully vaccinated, I’m still choosing to be careful and spend most of my time at home. Let’s be real, it’s just an excuse for my introverted self to spend more time alone.
I did celebrate my pup’s 6th birthday. He still acts like a crazy puppy but he’s definitely getting older. He’s been loving his new background at the house in Missouri and one day we’ll get him out to some dog parks here.
- Noble Prince (Tin Gypsy #4) by Devney Perry – This was probably my least favorite book in the series but still enjoyable.
- Lords of Pain (The Royals of Forsyth University #1) by Angel Lawson & Samantha Rue – 18+ – I actually really liked this bully romance (very dark!) and am reading the second book in the series now.
- Her Soul To Take (Souls Trilogy #1) by Harley Laroux – 18+ – This is one of my favorites from this month. Just a really unique paranormal/horror romance that I’ll be reviewing in full later this month!
- Diver’s Heart by K.A. Knight – 18+ – Another BookTok recommendation that wasn’t all that great. I enjoyed this one more than Den of Vipers (it had some serious horror vibes that I loved) but otherwise, just a meh read.
- Den of Vipers by K.A. Knight – 18+ – I had to do it. After seeing this one all over BookTok, I had to give it a try. To be honest, it was only a mediocre read and I wouldn’t recommend it.
- Lilac by B.B. Reid – 18+ – The quickest way to get me to read a book is to mention that it features famous people, specifically musicians. It’s one of my favorite things and Lilac was everything I could have hoped for. Thoroughly enjoyed this one.
- Sweet Temptation by Cora Reilly – 18+ – Another great introduction to mafia romance. This one was pretty light and a quick read. Some taboo subjects so check trigger warnings.
- The Sweetest Oblivion (Made #1) By Danielle Lori – 18+ – Good introduction to mafia romance, if you’re curious. A little dark but not too bad. I enjoyed this one.
- The Maddest Obsession (Made #2) by Danielle Lori – 18+ – Another favorite of mine for the month. I could not put this one down!
- Anarchy (Hades #2) by Tate James – 18+ – I love this series. It’s really a meh series but I can’t stop reading and it’s kind of a guilty pleasure at this point. It’s a fun reverse harem with a badass female lead.
- Club 22 (Hades #3) by Tate James – 18+ – I am so mad that I read this one so soon after it came out because the cliffhanger ending has me dying for the final book in the series. Be prepared going into this one!
- Just Drop Out, Make Your Move, and Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #1-3)) by J. Bree – 18+ – This one is a slow burn bully romance and the series tops the list of my favorites for the month. I’m still finishing book four but they are so good!
- Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men #1) by Giana Darling – 18+ – Highly recommend! Start of the Fallen motorcycle club series and seriously taboo romance (check trigger warnings!) and I could not put it down.
- Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men #2) by Giana Darling – 18+ – Book two is even better than book one. Once again, check trigger warnings but otherwise, cannot recommend enough!
- Good Gone Bad (The Fallen Men #3) by Giana Darling – 18+ – This is my least favorite in the series so far but that’s not saying much. It’s still amazing.
- Resurrection, Rebellion, and Reign (The Sainthood #1-3) by Siobhan Davis – 18+ – Another dark bully romance/reverse harem that was found on BookTok. Clearly I liked it enough to read all of the books in the series. Check trigger warnings as these are pretty dark at times.
*links are Amazon affiliate links and I may get a small commission*
I am in the middle of watching the new Loki series on Disney + and I’m so in love. Everything about this series is great. I love the music, the cast is wonderful, and the story has me captivated. I can’t wait to see the rest of the series and see what happens with my favorite trickster.
This is one of my favorite songs at the moment and has been on repeat recently.
How was your June? Did you read anything you can’t stop recommending? What have you been watching? Is there any new music that you’ve been listening to on repeat? Leave me all of your recommendations in the comments!
Save this post for later!